Terms & Conditions
For Everyone Using Our Website
We are an online service provider and through our website we offer information in relation to a number of products and services used in the yachting industry. Some of these products and services are offered at third party websites which are linked to via our website. Where this is the case you will be bound by the third party’s terms and conditions.
In these Terms and Conditions, “we”, “our” and “us” means Yachtowner.co or any associated company, and “you” and “your” means any person who uses our website. If you are unsure about any aspect of these Terms & Conditions, or have any questions regarding our relationship with you, please contact us.
About our online services
We provide an independent online informational resource about yachting. We aim to provide you with the information you need to make informed choices in yachting, included those on which product or service best suits your needs.
If you would like to request a product or service directly from us or from a supplier presented on our website, we will ask you a number of questions. We will use your answers to produce a list of quotations based on the answers you give and provide the information you need to help decide which is the right product or service for you. This will enable you to make your own choice about how to proceed. We don’t offer advice or make recommendations.
How are we paid?
You will not be charged for using our website. Instead, when you use our website to buy a product or service from us, you pay us for that product or service. If you use our website to buy a product or service from a third party, that third party might pay a commission to us.
Use of our website
- Our website allows you to access our independent online service which provides informational resources connected to yachting.
- You are only permitted to use our website if you are using it for personal use or for the use of the organization (family office) by which you are employed. Commercial use of our website is strictly prohibited, and we reserve the right to take steps – including legal action – against any person or company who uses our website or services for commercial use or in any other unauthorized manner. Unauthorized use includes (but is not limited to) breach of copyright, copying our resources for use by another companies, and other companies checking their prices against those obtained through our website.
- You are not permitted to do anything that may affect the security of our website or any information or material stored within it.
- You may not operate any link to our website without first obtaining our written permission. Any such permission may be revoked without notice and we reserve the right to require you to remove any link immediately and at any time.
What are your responsibilities?
We will provide you with quotations for goods or services based on the information you have provided to us. Where we ask questions to help source quotations, you are responsible for:
Answering all questions honestly, completely and to the best of your knowledge, and for ensuring that any assumptions made are correct.
Failure to do so may lead to your quotation being invalid or an increase in cost.
- In order to accept a quotation provided by us you will need to accept it in writing, where after we will introduce you to the right person directly at the service provider.
- Before purchasing products or services it is extremely important that all the information the supplier holds on you is accurate. You should therefore ensure that all information you provide to us is complete and accurate. Neither we nor anyone else will check this information for you. Again, failure to do this may lead to your quotation being invalid or an increase in the cost of that product or service.
- It is important that you read the supplier-company’s terms and conditions to check that you understand and agree with them. The supplier-company’s terms and conditions are not the same as ours and they will be the terms you agree to when you accept a quotation.
- It is important that you read all documents issued to you and ensure that you are aware of the terms that apply. Failure to comply with the supplier-company’s terms and conditions could increase costs, invalidate services or similar.
- You should also check that all your details on documents are correct, including any assumptions that may have been made on your behalf by the supplier. If the information supplied by you is not correct, it is your responsibility to notify the supplier-company. Failure to inform the supplier of any errors or missing information could increase costs, invalidate services or similar.
- You must keep your password confidential and it must not be disclosed to or shared with anyone. You are solely responsible for all use of your account on our website.
- Where you provide information about any other individual (e.g. yacht owner, captain, owner representative or similar) you are confirming to us that you have their authority to do so.
- Where you provide information, videos, pictures, photos, designs, logos or other which is or could be protected by a copyright, a trademark or similar intellectual property rights, you are confirming to us that you are either the owner of such intellectual property rights, or has all rights to share such intellectual property rights with us, including the issuance of a free, worldwide license for use of that intellectual property on our website, social media or in any other marketing purposes.
- You must not misuse our website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to our website, the server on which our website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to it.
What are our responsibilities?
We are responsible to you for:
- any statements made by our employees to you which are not true statements of fact and which are made by that employee with fraudulent intent; and
- any statements made by our employees to you which are misleading or untrue.
- our liability to you will be limited to the upper level of our insurance limit which may vary from time to time.
We are not responsible to you for:
- any reliance that you may place on any material or commentary posted on our website. Please note that nothing contained in our website or the material published on it is intended to amount to advice on which you should rely; or
- any losses you suffer because the information you put into our website is inaccurate or incomplete; or
- any losses you suffer if the information you put into our website is accurate, but the suppliers company’s website has not accurately reflected that information because its system is not working correctly; or
- any losses you suffer if you misrepresent any fact which may influence the supplier-company’s decision to accept the order or the terms offered; or
- any losses you suffer because you cannot use our website at any time; or
- any losses you suffer through connecting to any linked third party websites or any statements, information, content, products or services that are published on, or may be accessible from, any linked third party website and we do not guarantee that they are free from viruses or anything else that could be infectious or destructive; or
- any errors in or omissions from our website; or
- any losses you may suffer by relying on any commentary, postings or reviews (of our services or that of our partners) on our website; or
- any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it; or
- the privacy policies and practices of other linked third-party websites, even if you access them using links from our website; or
- any unauthorized access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
We set ourselves very high standards and do our utmost to maintain these high standards in everything we do. In rare situations where you may feel those standards have not been maintained we would like you to tell us as this is the only way we will be able to improve our service.
How do you do this?
Use our online contact forms or contact us in the following ways:
Telephone: +420 725 584 031
Please note that our office opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm, excluding bank holidays. Calls may be recorded for training, quality and monitoring purposes.
If your complaint relates to a supplier-company or product, we will let you know that we have forwarded your complaint to the supplier-company and will supply you with their contact details. The supplier company will then reply to your complaint directly.
A summary of our internal process for dealing with complaints, which outlines how we will handle your complaint both promptly and fairly, is available on request. If you are still dissatisfied, then you may be entitled to refer your complaint to: The Czech Trade Inspection Authority (CTIA).
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website and in the material published on it. This includes, but is not limited to, all trademarks, logos, business names, trading names, design rights, database rights, copyright and any other intellectual property rights.
- You may print, download or store extracts from our website provided always that:
- It is used solely for your personal, non-commercial use;
- You will not copy, transmit or distribute them without our prior written approval;
- All copies must retain any copyright or other intellectual property notices contained within the original material;
- You acknowledge that all images displayed on our website are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without the prior written consent of their respective owner(s);
- No logos, trademarks or service marks displayed on our website may be printed or downloaded, except as part of the text of which they form part;
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, logos, designs or any graphics separately from any accompanying text; and
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our website must always be acknowledged.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to your use of our website.
- We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time and providing notice by updating the T&C version number below. You should therefore check these Terms and Conditions each time you visit our website.
- If any part of these Terms and Conditions is subsequently considered to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable then that provision should be treated as having been deleted without affecting the validity of the remaining terms.
- These Terms and Conditions are subject to the laws of Czech Republic and the exclusive jurisdiction of their Courts.
- T&C 01/01/2022 (This is the version number of our T&Cs).
Feel free to contact us through the form below: